Hillcrest School Council is comprised of members from the Parent and Citizens Association, school staff and local community.
School Council Members 2017/2018
- Nadia Wittkowsky (Chairperson)
- Dan Bull
- Kate Bird
- Samantha Edwards
- Wade Dunstan
- Alison Hall
- Mark Menzel
- Tanya Arnold
- Liz Ford (Principal)
- Narelle Collins
- Adrian Archer
Hillcrest Primary School School Council is established within the guidelines issued by the Department of Education and Training of Western Australia.
The Council makes decisions on matters affecting the governance of school, ratifying the school plan and other aspects outlined below.
The functions of a school Council are to take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives,priorities and general policy directions;
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them; and
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- determining, in consultation with students, their parents and staff a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school;
- promoting the school in the community;
- reviewing and establishing charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities; extra cost optional components of educational programs; items to be supplied by a student for personal use in an educational program; any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school.